Thursday, February 11, 2010

Kodak



I have found myself lately unable to reach the personal bar I set for myself photographically. The true sign of how much of an amateur I really am. Granted there has not been very much activity in my life recently that would warrant any cool photos to display, but also my creative stream and all it's juices has seemed to quit flowing. Here are some test photos I shot using my new Sigma 70mm - 300mm telephoto zoom lens with a macro feature. The photos were captured on the 300mm zoom setting with the macro feature on. I was fortunate enough to essentially "steal" this lens off of ebay because the box had already been opened. (On a side note, there is nothing better than getting something at a great deal. It makes me feel like I really cheated "the" system some how.) I chose this Kodak Brownie 8mm turret camera as my subject, one because of it's availability, it was right next to my desk and I was supposed to be studying, and two I love all things vintage film. I love old cameras of all kinds and most recently old movie cameras. I have a dream to one day shoot a really cool video using this camera and have a reel to reel projector waiting in my closet for when this glorious day arrives. Hope you enjoi.

p.s. Happy Valentines Day for all of you out there who are fortunate enough to have one

1 comment:

  1. What kind of camera do you use to shoot your photos? I really like the way they turn out.

    ReplyDelete