Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I started this on photoblog...




But I have transferred it to blogspot in hopes of being better at keeping up with those of you who post blogs as well. This past weekend I ventured to Indianapolis to interview with the Indianapolis Fellows teaching program. Indianapolis is officially the furthest north I have ever been, and I felt slightly out of place. During my downtown tour I noticed this man sitting outside the window of the restaurant I was eating in. Something about him inspired me and I proceeded to offer him 5 dollars if he would give me permission to photo him. This makes Steve my first official model in which I paid to shoot. This past weekend has been full of firsts. As I squatted in front of him and snapped my photos he told me about how being in the wrong place at the wrong time left him sitting in a Florida penitentiary for 23 years. I felt the presence of the Lord in Steve and my heart weeps for his situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment